.

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Graduation Speech: Dont Forget Where You Came From -- Graduation Spee

Good afternoon, I would like to get going by thanking the staff for the privilege of speaking before you on this bittersweet day. It seems like this past year has been a jumble of excitement, reminiscence of the past and uncertainty for the future. After dreaming about graduating since we jumped off the bus on the first day of kindergarten, its finally here. With the years of number two pencils, group projects and final bells shag us, we find ourselves on the threshold of our future. Yet, its difficult not to shyly glance back at our past and wonder if we are prepared for what lies ahead. Are we ready to face that thing called reality which our parents and t severallyers have constantly warned us about? I was unsure if I would be prepared to face this world which exists beyond the doors of high school until a recent incident changed my mind. It oblige me to put all of my accumulated knowledge from high school to the test in order to survive. I wish I could say this experience hap pened to me when I was a silly freshman unfortunately it was only a few months ago. It began with a routine trip to the high school to pick up my crony from a basketball game one cold, January evening. I arrived to find the game was long over, although at the time I didnt know that he had already gotten a ride home. I went looking for him, taking a shortcut from the gym through the courtyard. As I stepped into the frigid air, the door quickly clicked shut behind me. I strode briskly across the courtyard to the double doors in the old commons, only to find they wouldnt budge. Remaining calm, I tried the doors next to them and the gym doors they were withal locked. My heart began to race as I tried all door and gate in that courtyard, only to find I wa... ...e world, but also the memories and lessons from each other. Every time we lent our shoulder for somebody to cry on, laughed even when the joke wasnt funny or cheered loudly whether our team was ahead or not, we were precept ea ch other important lessons. This type of knowledge is just as necessary as math, science and history to carry with you in the future. So, when you step onto your college campus, begin your first day of work or travel the world this fall, be confident in your abilities and intelligence. However, as you drive into your future, remember to check your rearview mirror every so often so you dont forget where you came from. Laugh aloud when you mess up or lock yourself in a dark courtyard, for these experiences will bring the lessons and memories which you pack into the trunk of your car to strengthen you as you drive down the road of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment