.

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Sommers Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

Sommers - Essay Example Considering these aspects, I think Sommer is a little accurate about me as even I face dilemmas while thinking in terms of morale. But fortunately only at rare times, I believe, have I been in situations that have made me helpless to make confident moral judgments.  Sommer has suggested that adults, especially teachers should improve the youth’s knowledge and comprehension of moral values and they should guide the youth into believing in these values and ideals. â€Å"Teachers with integrity are viewed as morally sound models for young people to follow† and so I believe that teachers play a significant role in molding the children’s character and moral behavior. â€Å"Moral Conservatism† is what she thinks the society needs. She believes that people live in a moral environment and that they should respect and preserve it. She emphasizes the need to value and respect the traditions that we have inherited. She also wants to encourage the institutions, whic h promote moral teachings along with academics. The essay in total has a very interesting appeal to it. It does not present facts in a boring way like most essays do. However, the thing that interested me the most is the story about the hippies as I am coming across it for the first time. Also her phrases such as "hole in the moral zone," "social fabric" etc seem very unique and unique things. I am very grateful for being given this assignment, as it has helped me learn new facts and has inspired me to be more responsible towards my ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment