.

Friday, March 15, 2019

The Mirroring Lives of a Jamaican and a Rastafarian Essay -- essays pa

The Mirroring Lives of a Jamaican and a RastafarianIntroductionThis makeup is a series of two wonders that I had over the course of the semester. I used both of the interviews as a series of research. I wherefore used this research and supported it with published work. The first interview occurred when I was in Jamaica. I randomly crossed paths with Peter. He informed my friends and I that he was a Rastafarian. We spoke with him for nearly two hours on the beach. He informed us rough his religion and his lifestyle. Unaware at the while that I would use this knowledge in my paper I am pleasantly surprised that I was able to transgress this information. The second interview was with Marie Debal. She is one of my sisters clients. Upon informing my sister about this categorise and the paper that was due she suggested that I speak with Marie to get information. Marie was the perfect origin to Peter. She grew up on the island and was raised as a Jamaican woman. Her family travelled a lot with in the island so Marie was very informative about her home land. She came to the United States for college and then stayed to work in bran-new York city working for the Jamaican tourist board.From the fire aspects that Peter had communicate about I decided to get Maries opinion on nigh of the same topics. I thought these two people would create an interesting contrast to my paper. Today they both live two very distinguishable lives but they share very similar backgrounds. Interviewee A background produce PeterAge 30Home Jamaica Blue MountainsOccupation RastafarianMarital status none and lives aloneEducation self educated by other Rastafarians with in his villageInterviewee B background gain Marie DebalAge... ...that each of them transgressed into my understanding makes me feel privilege to have even spoken with them. BibliographyBarrow, Steve & Dalton, Peter, Reggae The Rough Guide New York Penguin, 1997.Pinkey, http//web.lexis-nexis.com/univer Barrett, Leonard, The RastafariansBoston Beacon, 1997.Manely, Michael, The Politics of Change New York Natural History Press, 1992. Ie Garvey,1 Kerr, Madeline, Personality and Conflict in Jamaica capital of the United Kingdom Collins Pub, 1961.Charlie, Susan, Tourism Continues in Jamaica Newsweek, 1997.Zips, Robert, Rastafari New York Natural History Press, 1993.Winston, Phillip resurgence Movements London Associated Press, 1995.Cashmore, Ernest, Rastaman The Rastafarian Movement in England London, Penguin, 1996.Brown, Samuel E., The Truth About Rastafarians, The Liberator, vol. 3, no.9 Kingston, 1963.

No comments:

Post a Comment